Monday, February 22, 2010

Takin' the Bull by the Horns

Well, we're doin it. And I'm in charge.

We're setting out to list this house in 4 weeks.

Under my direction of 'what needs to be done next' Mr. J has been going full force at elminating his packrat collection. Over the course of the weekend, we packed up a full load in Cousin J's van and hauled it off to the storage unit. Then Cousin J and Mr. J took another load this afternoon, of mostly big stuff. (read, stuff I couldn't carry) We've already got another load ready to go.

We have now entirely cleared out the spare bedroom, and have nearly cleared out our own bedroom. By the end of this evening, I'm setting out that we'll have moved our bed and our skeleton crew of clothes which now live in rubbermaid totes into the spare room, and emptied our bedroom.

By tomorrow evening, I plan to have primed and given the first coat of paint to our bedroom.

Cousin GW is coming over tomorrow evening. He's a real professional woodworker and cabinet maker. He's going to custom fabricate a threshold for between our kitchen and dining room, and give us a quote on making the cupboard doors. We got a quote from another guy already who said $50 a door, which is a little too much for us, so we'll see what GW says.

On top of all that of course, we're still going strong on the kitchen reno.

This is the kitchen before, as it was when Mr. J purchased the house 7 years back. This is all the house originally had for cupboards and counter space.



Ye Ol' Standard issue 1970s faucet



This is what happens when you don't repair a leaky faucet for roughly ten years. The bottom was mush, and I just put my finger right through it.



Here's my little helper, boy S showing off our non-existent kitchen after cousin J and I ripped it out.



Re-construction in action!! This is the base of the new lower cabinet after cousin J and I started in on it.



And that's all the pics for now. I'm off to send some piggies packing out of the spare room and into the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment